About US

My photo
Nate and I have been married for 2 and a half years now now which has gone by pretty fast! In January we were blessed to have Brynlee join our family. Nate works as a software engineer at Novell and I am so grateful for the hard worker he is and how he goes to work every day to support us. He is the best husband to me and the best dad to Brynlee and she can't get enough of him. I stay at home with Brynlee along with doing esthetics part time. And Brynlee just stays busy keeping us smiling everyday! We couldn't be a happier little family!

Wedding Slideshow

Monday, May 24, 2010

4 months

Brynlee is 4 months now... crazy! We took her to her doctor appointment today and here is the update: She is 12 pounds 1 oz (16th percentile) She is 25 inches long (78th percentile) and the doctor said she is right on track with all her motor skills and such. She was so tough with her shots, she cried when they poked her then she stopped as soon as I held her. She is a very tough little girl. We have more and more fun with her each day as she learns new things and I think she is developing the CUTEST personality! She is such a smiley baby and is always happy. She really only cries if she's hungry or tired. My favorite is when I go to get her in the morning cuz she has a routine and thinks its a game(she starts out with a coo) and she is turned sideways, will be staring the sheet or bumper in the crib and when she knows i'm close by tries to look at me without me seeing then as soon as I say "Hey Brynlee," she get this little smirk on her face like she is waiting for it then I say "good morning Brynlee" and she looks right at me and gives me the biggest smile. She is SO happy when she wakes up and it makes the day start out great! how can you have a bad day when you wake up to that? Here are things she does now so we can remember.

-She LOVES to look at books. At about 3 months Nates grandma gave her a mickey mouse book and any book with pictures in it she will stare at one page, then put her eyes on the next (where the words are) and for each page makes a different facial expression. By a couple pages she is squilling so high, smiling and touches the characters with her hands. It is so cute to watch and I'm amazed by how long she will concentrate on the book for.
-She rolled over from her stomach to back at about 3 months and 1 week and will do it occasionally.
-When laying on her stomach she pushes herself up with her hands and raises her head and looks around.
-She loves to reach for objects and play with whatever she can get her hands on.
-She is drooling like crazy and puts everything in her mouth.
-She squeels really high and loves to talk. Whether its to herself, or to you she loves making noises
-She has so many different facial expressions, and smiles and talks with her eyes.
-She is so pleasant in the morning and smiles really big
-She definitely knows when her bottle is coming. If she's crying and we start shaking the formula she stops. Or when she see's it she will smile and you know she wants it.
-I'm probably a terrible mom for this one but she loves snoasis (snow cones, i put a little on the straw and feed it to her) and she loves drinking from cups and straws (we pour the water into her mouth from the straw) The first time I fed her my snoasis she grabbed my straw out of my hand and got so excited then hit my cup out of my hands trying to get it. It was so funny. I don't blame her, i'm sure those things taste so much better then formula :)
-She does this fake cough thing when she gets excited
-She sleeps all night :) 8-12 hours
-She gets so excited when her dad comes home. Whenever she spots him she gets the biggest grin on her face
-She still loves the bath and likes when I pour water from a cup on her stomach or her head. She definitely isn't afraid of water and would have her whole face in the water if we let her
-She loves lifting up her head and looking around when she's on her stomach
-She loves looking at babies, pictures of babies, and being by them
-when she cries, she makes these funny talking sounds like she is giving you a lecture or telling you how she really feels.
-She loves looking at herself in the mirror. She starts smiling, squilling, and will start to talk when she sees herself. The cutest part is she doesn't know its her (thats what they tell you) and I think she thinks it her friend or something!

As you can tell we are obsessed with her and love her so much! We are so lucky to have her apart of our family. I couldn't imagine my life without her!

2 comments:

  1. AHHH I love this post. Brynlee is the cutest baby girl ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! William is only in the 10th percentile for weight. We can have little babies together. I give William licks of my lemon popsicles...so we can be terrible together! He loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers